T-Ducks In A Row #132 – New RLC Email Group Use Process
WHAT? Beginning Tuesday, September 4, 2018, Richland College will implement a moderation process in the use of RLC email. Due to FERPA requirements, privacy laws, and privacy policies and consistent with our Network sister colleges, Richland College will limit the Richland employees who are authorized to use the RLC email group for official business only.
WHY? Sensitive information released in emails is not always appropriate for RLC college-wide dissemination and places the college at risk of violating FERPA and privacy requirements.
WHO? Permission to send RLC emails about official college business will be granted to specific individuals in the following areas:
- College Communications, Marketing & Outreach (CCMO)
- College Police
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- RLC Rooms
- ThunderWater Organizational Learning Institute
HOW? Emails sent to RLC will be moderated in accordance with the new process in which unauthorized RLC emails will be routed to a moderator who will work with the sender to find other more effective methods to disseminate the information to the intended audience.
HOW ELSE? Those other more effective ways to promote news and events that will be suggested are:
- Establish a sub email group: IT can assist you in creating a sub-email group to be used for official business targeted to specific academic schools, disciplines, workgroups, and employee associations.
- For internal audiences: Use the ThunderBridge Submission Form to reach college employees via MyPortal posts and the weekly email to the college. Submit here: https://dcccdoir.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2nokmYxgXYLsT1X If you wish to send a non-college, information-related email to employees, email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to join the 8Underground email list, contact IT at email@example.com
- For external audiences: Use the Publicity Request Form to request publicity on Richland College’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram sites, digital marquees, campus flat-screen panels, the online events calendar, and more. Submit here: https://dcccdoir.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eYe6XYe3WstSc3b
- If there is an emergency on campus, please call College Police at 911 from any office phone or 972-860-4290 from a cell phone.
WHAT ELSE? A newly designed, colorful ThunderBridge, the Richland employee newsletter, will launch on Thursday, September 6, at https://myportal.dcccd.edu and continue to publish each Thursday as the weekly college-wide information outlet. CCMO also continuously posts information such as employee and student success news, and even new employee photos, in the Richland College News Section of MyPortal.
WHERE ELSE? Previous editions of T-Ducks in a Row may be found at https://richlandcollege.edu/tdr