T-Ducks in a Row #127 – Richland College Authorized Concealed Carry Exclusion Zones
WHAT? There are permanent and temporary concealed carry exclusion zones permitted by the state law enacting that licensed concealed carry holders can carry concealed handguns onto the campuses of all public Texas community colleges, including all Dallas County Community College District (DCCCD) colleges.
WHO? The DCCCD concealed carry policy applies to all faculty, staff, students, guests, visitors, and individuals and organizations who do business with or on behalf of the DCCCD or its property.
WHEN? The law takes effect on Tuesday, August 1, 2017.
WHERE ARE PERMANENT EXCLUSION ZONES AT RICHLAND COLLEGE?
- Athletic Fields
- Baseball Field
- Fenced-In Soccer Fields #9, #10, #11, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18
- Crockett Hall
- Richland Collegiate High School Office Suite
- High School Dual Credit Office Suite
- El Paso Hall
- Lakeside Resource Center
- Fannin Hall
- Theater Scene Shop
- Art Studios F175, F177, F179, F187
- Guadalupe Hall
- Entire Building
- Pecos Hall
- Police Office Suite
- Facilities Services Yard
- Chiller and Boiler Plants
- Sabine Hall
- Science Labs and Prep Areas
- Thunderduck Hall
- Health Center
- Wichita Hall
- Advanced Manufacturing Lab
- Hydraulic Lab
- Allied Health Sciences Labs
- All DCCCD-Owned Vehicles
WHERE ARE TEMPORARY EXCLUSION ZONES AT RICHLAND COLLEGE? Temporary exclusion zones can only be authorized on a situational, as-needed basis.
- Alamito Hall
- Administrative Suite – Disciplinary Hearing Rooms
- Fannin Hall
- Specific Events Involving Minors
- Garland Campus
- Atrium – Election Polling Places
- Hondo Hall
- Human Resources – Disciplinary Hearing Rooms
- Kiowa Hall
- Richland Collegiate High School-Specific Events
WHAT ELSE? Any internal or external activities or events scheduled on campus requiring establishment of a temporary concealed carry exclusion zone must be submitted in writing two full business days in advance of the event. Written requests must be submitted, using the attached Concealed Carry Temporary Exclusion Form, to Bethany Wright, Richland College room coordinator, A200, and approved by the division supervisor, Facilities Services director, college president designee, and DCCCD Police commander.
WHERE ELSE? Previous editions of T-Ducks in a Row may be found at https://richlandcollege.edu/tdr