T-Ducks in a Row #112 – QEP Director Informal Hiring Process
WHAT? The informal hiring process will now begin to select Richland College’s Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) Director to direct and facilitate the initiation, implementation, and completion of the five-year QEP Learning to Learn: Developing Learning Power.
WHO? A faculty QEP Director, selected from the ranks of all current Richland College faculty, will lead the initiative with 100% instructional release time, administrative assistance from a part-time QEP Staff Liaison, and part-time clerical assistance.
WHAT ELSE? The QEP Implementation Team has identified the following responsibilities and duties for the QEP Director:
* Implementation of the QEP adhering to the five-year training and implementation schedule
* Facilitation of the administration and assessment of the Common Writing Prompts and the Effective Lifelong Learning Inventory (ELLI)
* Classroom observations of participating faculty in the targeted four disciplines
* Coordination with the four Professional Development Champions in the scheduling and effectiveness of professional development training sessions and Professional Development Learning Community reflection sessions for continuous improvement of training, implementation, and student success
* Participation in monthly reporting meetings with the Senior Leadership Team and/or QEP Resource Team
* Management of an ePortfolio repository of Common Writing Prompts and student learning artifacts to analyze the ongoing success of the QEP and to inform the SACSCOC Fifth-Year Interim Report
HOW? The QEP Director will be recommended by a three-member Faculty Search Team for final approval by the Vice President for Teaching and Learning and the College President.
HOW TO? Full-time and adjunct faculty interested in applying for the QEP Director position should submit their letters of interest, including related experience in a current curriculum vitae, to Richland College Human Resources, H100, by Friday, May 3, 2013, at 5 p.m. Thank you.
WHEN? First-level interviews by the Faculty Search Team will be conducted May 6-10, 2013. Second-level interviews by the Vice President for Teaching and Learning and College President will be conducted May 13-17, 2013.
WHEN ELSE? The QEP Director and QEP staff support will assume their responsibilities by August 2013, prior to the beginning of the fall 2013 semester.
WHERE ELSE? Previous editions of T-Ducks in a Row may be found at http://www.richlandcollege.edu/tdr