Monthly Archives: March 2013
WHAT? The following maintenance projects will be completed during the 2013 Spring Break:
* replacement of a main water valve in Sabine Hall;
* upgrade to direct digital thermostats in Alamito Hall;
* installation of computer keyboard trays in the Library computer lab and B217/B218 computer labs;
* annual preventative maintenance of cooling tower systems;
* installation of automatic frequency drive on chiller #2;
* maintenance of HVAC controls in Sabine Hall;
* new window tint in various locations with Western exposure;
* construction wall for hallway in B220 area;
* upgrade of Neches elevator controls;
* detailed cleaning of classrooms; and
* testing of campus fire alarm system.
WHEN? Spring Break is scheduled from 6 p.m. on Sunday, March 17, to 6 a.m. on Monday, March 25, and all college buildings will be closed and locked down to allow an uninterrupted period for these repairs, renovations, maintenance, and updates of campus facilities to be completed.
WHO? Facilities services staff and outside contractors will be involved in completing the various projects.
HOW? Students, faculty, and staff will not be allowed in college buildings during the Spring Break lock down due to noise, dust, disruption of utilities. The lock down is to ensure the safety and security of non-Facilities Services individuals and to allow Facilities Services staff and contractors complete, unimpeded access to all areas of the college.
WHAT ELSE? Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
WHERE? Previous T-Dust Alerts may be found at http://www.richlandcollege.edu/construction