Well, Excel can help you quickly and easily convert these measurement units.
For Excel 2007/2010 users:
- Open Excel and then click the Office Button in 2007 (click File tab in 2010)
- Click Excel Options button
- Click Add-Ins on the left
- Click on Analysis ToolPak from list
- Make sure Excel Add-Ins is selected in the Manage box
- Click Go
- Click to put a check mark in the box next to Analysis ToolPak and then click OK to return to your Excel worksheet
For Excel 2003 (or earlier) users:
- Open Excel
- Go to the Tools menu
- Select Add-Ins
- Select the Analysis ToolPak check box
- Click OK
For example if you want to convert 2 1/2 pounds to kilograms, use the following Excel function:
=CONVERT(2.5, “lbm”, “kg”) Your answer should be 1.133981. To find the kilogram equivalent of 1 pound, just replace 2.5 in the formula with 1.0, which should yield a result of 0.453592.
For a complete list of measurement unit conversions available in Excel, visit the following Microsoft web site:
For more information, contact Becky Jones, Associate Dean, email@example.com 972-238-6215.