These organizations can provide you with unique opportunities that can help you to:
- Meet people with similar interests and backgrounds.
- Find out about important trends in your profession.
- Network with similar professionals for employment/advancement purposes
- Attend professional conferences and seminars (in person and online webinars)
- Obtain a professional certification, which can increase your value as a professional in your field.
- Advance in your present job or help with future employment.
Visit some of the links listed below and explore the opportunities that can help you grow and advance in your career.
There are also several organizations devoted to specialty areas such as:
Finally, if you’ve thought about starting your own business and working in a virtual environment, consider joining an organization that focuses on the virtual entrepreneurial environment:
For more information on the BOSS program and how it can help you with your career, contact Becky Jones, Associate Dean, firstname.lastname@example.org 972-238-6215.