Conflict resolution has become a key component in the classroom. Richland College and the Region 10 Education Service Center are partnering to co-host Conflict Resolution Education in Teacher Education (CRETE) training from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. on Jan. 6, 7, 27, and 28 on the Richland campus.
Conflict Resolution Education in Teacher Education (CRETE) is a 4-day training in:
• Classroom management
• Positive discipline
• Conflict dynamics and conflict styles
• Anger management and de-escalation
• Bullying prevention
• Dealing with disruptive students
• Constructing caring classroom communities
• Teaching negotiation and mediation skills
• Restorative practices
• Professional disposition with respect to constructive conflict behavior
The cost of the training is $150 and includes lunch and refreshments each day and all training and program materials. Faculty, staff and administrators working in public schools and higher education are encouraged to attend.
For more information or to register, visit http://www.richlandcollege.edu/crete or call 972-238-6145.